Re: "gconf-editor" icon missing from menu? (wheezy)

El 2011-08-16 a las 09:40 +0200, Simon Chen escribió:

(resending to the list)

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've just realized my wheezy has lost an icon from the menu: "gconf-
editor" is not there anymore while the binary file is still present and
can be launched as expected.

Is just me or someone else has missed this icon from the GNOME menu?

I know this utility is going to be replaced by another one in gnome 3.0
but it won't hurt to have it where it used to be while is still useful :-)

I think the name in the menu is now "Configuration Editor"

Yes, well... that's the missing icon (it's named "Configuration Editor"
-long name- while the binary file is "gconf-editor", but both are
indeed the same).

Now is back again :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: XFce4 vs GNOME Desktop
    ... When I run Gnome I have a nice desktop with my trash ... icon etc., on the desktop. ... How do I get XFce to start-up with the desktop showing when the user logs in? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: XFce4 vs GNOME Desktop
    ... When I run Gnome I have a nice desktop with my trash ... icon etc., on the desktop. ... How do I get XFce to start-up with the desktop showing when the user logs in? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • XFce4 vs GNOME Desktop
    ... When I run Gnome I have a nice desktop with my trash ... icon etc., on the desktop. ... How do I get XFce to start-up with the desktop showing when the user logs in? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: gnome menu update
    ... Sometime new installed program does not create its own icon in menu. ... In my experience i can say also that with gnome 1.x if you launch ... via apt-get and neither shows in either the regular gnome menus nor the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: "gconf-editor" icon missing from menu? (wheezy)