Re: 2TB file system

How did you get your lucky portable hard driver?

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Allan Wind
<allan_wind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-08-17 16:19:27, Dejan Ribič wrote:
BTW: Didn't Hitachi used to be IBM? I am just asking because
I didn't have the best experience with IBM drives, had two of them
and they both broke within 18 months(lucky for me I had quaranty for
them :D ).

Yes.  Deathstar ring any bells?

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitachi_Deskstar>

Knock on wood I never had drives go bad on me (Seagate, IBM,
Fujitsu, Maxtor, WD).

Things change very quickly with drives, but perhaps this article
is helpful to ascertain reliability (yes, it says SSD but it has
lots of data on drives as well):

<http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-reliability-failure-rate,2923-3.html>

/Allan
--