Re: Fwd: Billion 7800N

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:54:13 +1000, Heddle Weaver wrote:

On 16 August 2011 22:12, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(...)

--2011-08-16 06:08:23-- (try: 3) http://192.168.1.254/ Connecting
to 192.168.1.254:80... failed: Connection timed out. Retrying.

Hum... are you sure your router is still at "192.168.1.254"?

Now I'm getting this from /sbin/ifconfig:

(...)

Wait... what are those "pppx" connections? Where are they coming from?
Are you using another device to get connected on Internet?

And I can't see the address anywhere. Also, according to the manual, the
mask address is supposed to be 225.25.225.0

There is something evil happening.
I can't actually remember adjusting anything, yet the connection, far
from good, is the best I've had so far.

The above data is very clear: your ethernet device has lost (again) its
configuration. what I dunno is what are the remainder ppp connections :-?

Can you explain how did you connect your windows computer to Internet?
What steps did you follow? Maybe this way we can understand what is going
on...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón