Re: sudoers tty defaults (Re: Changing Users in a script)

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Walter Hurry <walterhurry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:33:58 -0400, Tom H wrote:

"sudo -L" lists the full list of "Defaults". I'd be very surprised if
even one of these isn't set.

Then prepare for a surprise. Vanilla /etc/sudoers in Squeeze:

# /etc/sudoers

Defaults        env_reset

Thanks. The big surprised isn't that they aren't set, it's that I was
talking COMPLETE rubbish - and have been using it :( - when I said
that '"sudo -L" lists the full list of "Defaults"'.

I've just re-read the sudoers man page (after a VERY long time),
thinking that it would help me "refudiate" the fact that the
"Defaults" line had some in-built, unlisted defaults, when in fact,
I've been misusing "sudo -L" for more years than I care to remember...

Thanks for the correction!