Re: sudoers tty defaults (Re: Changing Users in a script)

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Walter Hurry <walterhurry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:33:58 -0400, Tom H wrote:

"sudo -L" lists the full list of "Defaults". I'd be very surprised if
even one of these isn't set.

Then prepare for a surprise. Vanilla /etc/sudoers in Squeeze:

# /etc/sudoers

Defaults        env_reset

Thanks. The big surprised isn't that they aren't set, it's that I was
talking COMPLETE rubbish - and have been using it :( - when I said
that '"sudo -L" lists the full list of "Defaults"'.

I've just re-read the sudoers man page (after a VERY long time),
thinking that it would help me "refudiate" the fact that the
"Defaults" line had some in-built, unlisted defaults, when in fact,
I've been misusing "sudo -L" for more years than I care to remember...

Thanks for the correction!

  • Re: Crash during boot for 2.6.12-rc2.
    ... > # Automatically generated make config: don't edit ... Surprise, surprise, it works OK here. ... What compiler version? ... To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: bcm43xx support in Debian etch
    ... surprise to me to even seen it work at all! ... Proxim Gold card. ... The bcm43xx driver is in the mainline kernel and this made me expecting it to be a pretty robust driver. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: F13: PackageKit now replaced with KPackageKit?
    ... by surprise. ... Are you running KDE. ... My xfce destktop shows ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Making CD to be read on Windows
    ... I've made a CD containing data (html and jpg files) which works fine ... here but causes problems on Windows machines (surprise surprise!). ... browser keeps saying "Page not found". ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Reporting a bug (was: fglrx driver problems)
    ... On my surprise, today I checked again and saw direct rendering is enabled. ... It looks like the problem was reaired in some recent kernel upgrade, but I didn't notice it yesterday, because two days ago I uninstalled libgl1-mesa-dri, because it was listed by deborphan. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)