Re: Xfce4 not enabling a desktop icon - Debian stable
- From: Brian <ad44@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:59:17 +0100
On Sun 21 Aug 2011 at 20:59:28 +0100, AG wrote:
Yes ... and yes.
I'd have anticipated nothing less! No doubt 'Icon type' is also set to
Open ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-desktop.xml and
find the line beginning '<property name="desktop-icons"'. Please post
the section between <property> and the following </property>.
Now for something brutal:
Move ~/.cache, ~/.config and ~/.local to somewhere safe. Log out of X
after unticking the 'Save session for future logins' box. Reboot, log
back in and insert a usb stick, a DVD or a data CD. Have you got four
icons? 'Home', 'File System' and 'Wastebasket - plus one for the device.
Do not use an audio CD. Xfce4 4.6 doesn't put an icon on the desktop for
it and in any case you cannot browse its contents because it has no file
system on it.
The gentle approach:
Move xfce4-desktop.xml out of the way and proceed as above.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Fwd: Billion 7800N
- Next by Date: MEPEC 2011 - 2nd e-Newsletter
- Previous by thread: Re: Xfce4 not enabling a desktop icon - Debian stable
- Next by thread: Swift Linux 0.1.2 is now available!