[Solved, sort of] Re: cannot find and install some dev packages

On 22/08/11 10:57 PM, H.S. wrote:
On 20/08/11 11:07 AM, Johan Grönqvist wrote:
apt-cache policy libhighgui.dev

And I am still getting this:
$> sudo aptitude install libhighgui.dev
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "libhighgui.dev"
Couldn't find any package whose name or description matched "libhighgui.dev"
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

Strangely, I rebooted and now I was able to install the package.

ever having been read.

  • Errors applying kernel patch 118833-36
    ... install of Solaris 10 11/06. ... However, once the package list is done, I see a worrisome message: ... Below is the complete console output of the patch run. ... Changes for package SUNWnfsskr will not be applied to the system. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: SmartMenu - was: VRPC on a USB pen
    ... in applications distributed via package systems which are supposed to ... having to get the user to install it, or they could present the user ... Haskell compiler and associated tools (collectively referred to on ... haskell.org as the 'platform' package). ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.misc)
  • Re: Stronghelp - can I change location set by Packman?
    ... it was needed to install a package though. ... RISC OS desktop. ... Simpler for the newbies arriving from Linux, ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Stronghelp - can I change location set by Packman?
    ... piles of applications causes lots of random file reads, ... third party installers such as, say, a package manager, but it all got ... applications *do* install things into Choices. ... I have nothing against an app in Choices - it's ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: A little help please!
    ... This so far was the best map to getting DVD media working I am going to ... Also I have the latest libdvdcss2 and libdvdcss2-dev installed. ... sudo aptitude install totem-xine ... Click either free or non-free depending on where the package you ...
    (Ubuntu)