Re: Want to adopt an orphan package but don't know what to do

On 29/08/11 17:53, H Xu wrote:
Hello everyone,

I want to adopt an orphan package but I don't know what should I do to
make myself granted to do that. Could anyone offer me some help?

Thanks.

H Xu

If it's listed here:-
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

See here:-
http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/#howto-o

If there's no an existing bug report for the package, create one, then adopt it.

I haven't tried this, but was considering doing so last year - the process may have changed since then. I'm assuming you have some knowledge of packaging.

Cheers

--
"I've got a bathtub and an imagination, I'm staying indoors this summer.
That way I can listen to music that I like."

  • Re: Sources.list Question
    ... updating the package list. ... Repeat if you need to upgrade just that package, either by install it ... I need to upgrade Opendkim version 2.0.1 but squeeze repository remains ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • FW: changing roots on: dpkg -i
    ... >> build my own package? ... plus the ~official Debian ... > hard problem that's not real high on the dpkg feature list. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: apt pinning confusion
    ... Pin: release o=Debian, a=experimental ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ... downgrade of the package ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: configuring interface & configuring MTA time out
    ... resolution was working fine -- I checked the contents of ... If you are using the "resolvconf" package I bet you have to trust what ... OTOH, I never used this package before, I don't know what's for nor how ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: fsck on ext3, lost files
    ... nautilus, lde, find with file. ... When a file is deleted, the data remains on disk. ... The "testdisk" package, I have already mentioned contains a tool called ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)