Re: no ethernet card detected

On Mon 29 Aug 2011 at 15:42:10 -0600, Geoffrey Smith wrote:

Hello, I am trying to do a new installation of Debian 6.0 on a Dell Optiplex
790 computer. The graphical installer does not detect the ethernet card and
hangs. The actual ethernet card on the machine is an Intel 82579LM. Does
anybody know a solution to this problem? Thank you very much. Geoff

It should be possible to proceed beyond the network card detection stage
and complete the installation of the base system. Then this might prove
useful:

http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Dell/LatitudeE6420/squeeze

Alternatively, you could download on of these:

http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/

  • Re: no ethernet card detected
    ... ethernet card and hangs. ... Did not support Intel 82579LM Gigabit Ethernet ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: no ethernet card detected
    ... hangs. ... The actual ethernet card on the machine is an Intel 82579LM. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • no ethernet card detected
    ... I am trying to do a new installation of Debian 6.0 on a Dell Optiplex ... The graphical installer does not detect the ethernet card and ... The actual ethernet card on the machine is an Intel 82579LM. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: Network interface testing utlity
    ... Subject: Network interface testing utlity ... occur (if a check sum error occurs your Ethernet card will merely ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)