Re: String Manipulation and a Need for RS-232

Hugo Vanwoerkom writes:
If I were in your situation, I would convert your C programs to C++
(changing <prog>.c to <prog>.cpp) and use Qt. I use it many places just
for
its string manipulation and Qt has great documentation.

Just install libqt4-dev, qt4-dev-tools, qt4-qmake and qt4-doc.

Create a <prog>.pro file for your <prog>.cpp and run 'qmake -o Makefile
<prog>.pro' and then 'make' and away you go.

I can see the good thing about that is that the parts
that work can stay which is a good thing. I did get the serial
communications working the way they need to for this application
and the parser that indexes data received from the radio also
works correctly so this is sort of a glass 3/4 full.

Thank you.

Martin

  • Re: ext3 trouble
    ... When you do not have documentation --- it is much much harder. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] Goodbye Debian or Microsoft going open source
    ... Now that MS is going open source (it was on evening national TV news in my ... As mentioned news was not very clear can somebody explain what did ... "Just" documentation, and with an iffy, probably landmine-filled ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • x.509 gpgsm and kmail
    ... rather than OpenPGP which I normally use. ... Apparently, gpgsm is used for X.509, and shows up in kmail so I figure ... The documentation on GnuPG.org is merely the man ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • When youre a rank noob (was Re: Old Computer Parts)