Re: Terminal Server Client

On 09/03/2011 05:25 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 03/09/11 05:01, Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
Sorry I'm just jumping into the middle without having read much of the
thread. The rdesktop package stopped working for me a long time ago.

NLA and console access are issues for me (with rdesktop).

Yes, I was running into the same problem and found remmina while rummaging through aptitude.

Would you know, off-hand, whether or not rdesktop is still in development? I don't believe that it was when I last checked.

I've been using remmina ever since. Is that available to you? I manage a
moderate number of WS2003 and WS2008 systems from Debian testing using
remmina.

Thanks for the tip, might save me the work-a-rounds.

I hope you like it as much as I do. It certainly has a lot of nice features.

Forgive me for the interjection if it's inappropriate or ill-timed.

Doesn't bother me (if that's who you're addressing)

I was addressing everyone in the thread.

;-)

As I mentioned to F.L., I always find it annoying when people on a list are trying to figure out how to "fix a Ford" and someone else pops in and says "You should drive a Chevy!", if you know what I mean.

The only reason I suggested remmina was because I had thought that rdesktop was no longer in active development, so might not ever support recent changes in the RDP versions used by Windows systems.

  • Re: Anyone aware of an rdesktop *replacement*?
    ... My gut reaction was remmina was a wrapper for rdesktop, but in it's latest release they have switched to using something called FreeRDP, which I had not heard of. ... Virtual Windows7 instance to manage. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: tsclient
    ... Mentioned as another alternative later in that bug report is remmina. ... run into client session crashes when using it for admin chores on ... Is rdesktop still using RDP5? ... accomplish later RDP version support. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: tsclient
    ... Mentioned as another alternative later in that bug report is remmina. ... run into client session crashes when using it for admin chores on ... Is rdesktop still using RDP5? ... accomplish later RDP version support. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: tsclient
    ... Mentioned as another alternative later in that bug report is remmina. ... run into client session crashes when using it for admin chores on ... Is rdesktop still using RDP5? ... accomplish later RDP version support. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: rdesktop
    ... When I tried to use rdesktop, ... equivalent on windows. ... The litmus test for this is to try to ping the name from a windows ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)