Re: how to keep the internet awak

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 23:50:23 +0800, lina wrote:

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Don't worry X-)

How did you type the X in email except copy and paste?

The "ex" letter?

It's a plain "x" in uppercase, available in almost any latin based
keyboard in the world.

How UNBEARABLE silly I am.
I thought it's a multiply sign,
mathematic sign, like *.
so I have never know how to type it.

:-D

It's a common smily sign, ascii based. There is a more sophisticated
version of the symbol that uses unicode: ☺

cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

Just right now know what does the dhcp mean.

He, he... good ;-)

But IP should not change unless network service goes down and up again
(or unless DHCP server forces a renew of the IP ever "x" time based on
its policy) so there is still the question on why the network is
restarted.

and most weird is that couple of months ago, I barely noticed there is
such problem, just recent so often.

And now what's the problem? He, he... this is getting crazy ;-D

Right now I used "who" in the remote one,

there were three "me" still connecting. but the truth is the only one
"me" connecting. but other "two" are the two non-respond ones.

Maybe the other sessions that were dropped?

is it possible due to the server (cluster) setting problem?

Dunno, but if network service went down while you were logged remotely,
the ssh instances were not properly closed and they could have been kept
in background :-?

seems very trouble,
I guess I can accept the ssh again when it's timed out.

:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: networking private and public hosts questions
    ... some systmes in storage to create a test network. ... a WS to the child and attempted to pull an IP from the DHCP server, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Preventing DHCP from allocating IPs
    ... Each segment is physically separate with a Linux ... unknown MAC addresses firstly don't get a DHCP ... >> wants access to your network, they will have to come to you to obtain ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: A little FYI
    ... > fix for a different problem or end up making the same configuration ... Maybe faulty network equipment, ... > to look at what might interfere with DHCP. ... you were not here as I was trying to get the card to stay ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: how to keep the internet awak
    ... # The loopback network interface ... Just right now know what does the dhcp mean. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Cable Connectivity
    ... address for the Network Card with network address 00402B2F688C. ... The DHCP Client service on your computer did not receive a response ... If connection with the network is not established using this APIP ... the DHCP Client service will try to contact the DHCP server ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)