Re: tvtime and fglrx drivers in squeeze

On Sep 11, 2011, at 1:20, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 16:28:45 +0300, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:

Does tvtime work with fglrx drivers on Debian Squeeze ?

I don't see why not :-?

That is, it can have problems but no more than other proprietary drivers,
like nvidia.

I have to replace the old nvidia graphics card and just wonder whether
to replace it with ATI HD5450.

Besides, with closed drivers there is no guarantee... even it is working
now it can stop from working at any time, so just get the card you want
and if you encounter any problem report it to AMD (I'm afraid they are
the only ones who can manage bugs for the closed driver).

When it comes to the closed source driver I like nvidia cards more than
ATI but that's just a personal POV

What does the POV mean?

Thanks,
based on my experience with their
cards (in linux, never had a problem with them).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: PCIE video cards and DRI
    ... >Nvidia and ATI closed source drivers when used with PCI-Express ... I have set up a number of Linux boxes with Nvidia and ATI ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: RAGE ??? HELP
    ... All the very latest drivers. ... but most nVidia owners had a great time with it from day one. ... Read my post why I picked a ATI card this time. ... So essentially, the only AAA OpenGL game I can think of these days, RAGE, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)
  • Re: Laptop Recommendations?
    ... I've avoided Nvidia to avoid the displeasure of trying to get kernel ... your problem without the proprietary drivers loaded. ... desktop environments) to work anytime soon on my ATI card, ... ATI has stopped providing decent proprietary/closed source video ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Advice on a new system please
    ... Quiet components ... Looks like all the bits on that have Linux drivers. ... I don't have a strong preference between ATI and nVidia; ... Although ATI ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Feisty: recent updates causing freezes ??
    ... all caused by crappy video drivers (ATI 3D proprietary drivers for the ... Ya know...switching to an Nvidia card ... And changing out a video card is easier than a motherboard. ... Actually I said "in the past", because I gave up on the 3D ATI drivers, ...
    (Ubuntu)