Re: After upgrade to squeeze OS will not accept passphrase to unlock disk
- From: Darac Marjal <mailinglist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 10:27:46 +0100
On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 07:50:41PM -0400, Ken Heard wrote:
Further to the problem described in the first post to this thread, I[cut]
have progress of a sort to report.
At this point I entered the root password but it was not accepted. I
then -- as Gary Golden suggested -- rebooted using finnix, which allowed
me to log on as root without a password. Using the command passwd I was
able to re-enter the root password.
I rebooted once again using squeeze, got as far as the maintenance shell
and was asked for the root password. I entered the password, which
I now knew was the right one, three times; but it was not accepted.
Just to clarify things, you did change the password for the root on your
installation, didn't you? That is, you didn't just change the password
for root on the live CD, which was then lost as you rebooted?
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Wiping hard drives
- Next by Date: Re: Wiping hard drives
- Previous by thread: Re: After upgrade to squeeze OS will not accept passphrase to unlock disk
- Next by thread: Re: After upgrade to squeeze OS will not accept passphrase to unlock disk