Re: a quick Q: iceweasle add on
- From: Bob Proulx <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:42:24 -0600
Gilbert Sullivan wrote:
You could just use apt-get or aptitude to install the youtube-dl package.
To use it you can just issue a command like
$ youtube-dl <address of YouTube video you want to download>
That will put the video in your home directory.
I use youtube-dl all of the time. Works great. But as the youtube
site changes you need to keep the script updated. Since it is just a
script usually the latest one from Sid can be used on the old Stable
with no trouble. Works for me.
$ youtube-dl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREKkAk628I&feature=related
You almost always need to quote the URL. See that "&" in it? That
ampersand is special to the shell. It says to run the commandin the
background. URLs often have those. Therefore you often need to quote
the URL when used as a command line option argument.
Description: Digital signature
- Prev by Date: Re: Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) firmware
- Next by Date: Re: Walter Overeager
- Previous by thread: Re: a quick Q: iceweasle add on
- Next by thread: Re: a quick Q: iceweasle add on