Re: Getting a large file onto DVD

On 24/09/11 05:55 AM, Camaleón wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 15:53:22 -0400, Frank wrote:

On 23/09/11 12:05 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:08:54 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:

I am having trouble getting a large (2.7 gigs) file onto a DVD.
Brasero warns me that such a large file is only supported by the 3rd
standard for iso9660...but then won't burn it even after I say OK. It
ejects the DVD saying an error has occurred. Does anybody have a
solution or suggestions ??

One suggestion, yep :-)

Try to make an ISO image for the files you want to dump into the DVD
and burn the ISO instead. Regardless the results, read Brasero logs,
maybe you find something of interest in them.

I would try that but I don't have the file anymore...I burned it to a
DVD using a trial version of NeroLinux.

I told you so because by burning an ISO image usually enforces the right
parameters to be used by Brasero, like support for big files (UDF) ;-)

I wouldn't have thought that to get a file onto DVD would require it to be first converted to an ISO
Should not UDF be available for all files??

Brasero logs were of no use BTW, they talked of an unexpected error just
before ejecting the DVD.

You got only "a one line" error?

I don't have the error logs now, but as I recall the error was one line in the log...because Brasero then ejected the DVD.

--
Cheers
Frank

  • Re: Brasero crashes
    ... Brasero fails to burn DVD project, the movie I'm trying to burn is a xxx.avi. ... I think you'd be better served by installing devede from rpmfusion it will end up creating an ISO file that you burn to a DVD. ... Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Getting a large file onto DVD
    ... Brasero warns me that such a large file is only supported by the 3rd ... standard for iso9660...but then won't burn it even after I say OK. ... Try to make an ISO image for the files you want to dump into the DVD ... parameters to be used by Brasero, like support for big files;-) ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Burning music CDs
    ... I find that Brasero gets very, very confused if another user is logged ... I have not managed to burn a dvd on FC11 at all. ... It has had a lot of development since cdrkit ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Brasero crashes
    ... Brasero fails to burn DVD project, the movie I'm trying to burn is a xxx.avi. ... I think you'd be better served by installing devede from rpmfusion it will end up creating an ISO file that you burn to a DVD. ... utilities is that it only needs Mplayer, Mencoder, DVDAuthor, ...
    (Fedora)