Re: partitioning inhibits boot on AF drive?
- From: Brian <ad44@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 00:40:08 +0100
On Tue 27 Sep 2011 at 18:09:56 -0500, Russell L. Harris wrote:
I made two further attempts at installation, one with Ubuntu 10.10 and
the other with Debian testing (wheezy 20110908-15:43). In each
attempt, I allowed the system to utilize the entire disk, putting all
files (including the boot loader) into the / partition.
Neither attempt allowed a subsequent boot of the system. I am
wondering if the previous (factory) installation of Window$-7 is at
the root of the problem.
Lenovo has published instructions for the user to follow to replace
the drive, but the process is rather involved and necessitates removal
of the keyboard, so I hesitate to try installation on another drive as
a troubleshooting experiment.
If you wish to follow that route you could install to a USB stick. Much
better than dismantling the machine! A complete desktop install
shouldn't be necessary so a 1GB drive is up to it. Get the base system
on and then the boot loader into the MBR. Switch to console 4 (ALT F4)
immediately after doing that to see in detail what is going on.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: VENDE-SE: Cadastros de E-Mails Esotérico & Holístico
- Next by Date: Re: Upgraded from Squeeze to unstable - Installing gnash
- Previous by thread: Re: partitioning inhibits boot on AF drive?
- Next by thread: Intel wireless broken (after squeeze update?)