Re: System slowdown - plugin-container responsible?

On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:45:03 -0400, Patrick Wiseman wrote:

As of yesterday, my testing (current) system has slowed down a whole
lot. I thought it was just the 'net, but that doesn't seem to be the
case. top shows something called plugin-containe (I assume it's
actually 'container', but the column's too small for the last letter)
using anything from 15-20 %CPU, and so I'm thinking it's the culprit. I
could just kill it and see what else breaks :) But does anyone know who
or what owns it, or how I can find out?

Yes, as Brian says is the wrapper for mozilla based plugins:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/What%20is%20plugin-container

Killing firefox/icewasel should stop it or just exiting from a web page
that loads the flash player plugin should also reduce the amount of cpu
cycles that uses.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: flashplugin cpu hog
    ... PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND ... I have latest flash plugin from adobe.com installed: ... this cpu load by the flashplugin was there in spite of the fact I ...
    (Fedora)