Re: Bug filling

Hi,

M-G is usually short for "Meta-G", or "Meta+G". Meta is one of those
keys that makes sense from a software point of view, but almost no-one
has one on their keyboard. It will be emulated in one of two ways;
either hold down "Alt", press "g", then release "Alt" or press "Esc",
then within a couple of seconds press "g".

You may also be interested to learn that "^G" is a similar shorthand for
Ctrl+G.
Actually, from what I was told, many keyboards have that Meta key - it is
usually labelled with a Windows logo.

Kind regards,
Ralf

  • RE: Number pad doesnt work gnome(squeeze) HPE-337c-b keyboard 5335u
    ... Reca[correctly states the symptoms.I don't have another computer using this os. ... this is dual boot to windows 7 and the keys fully function there. ... Number pad doesn't work gnomeHPE-337c-b keyboard 5335u ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Typing an @ symbol on an Apple keyboard
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [OT] how to take care of hand
    ... Put keyboard lower, on lap or a low keyboard tray. ... Match your chair/monitor position to your body geometry. ... subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: samba PDC vs IBM T21 keyboard
    ... samba PDC vs IBM T21 keyboard ... > All of these keys have alternate chars printed on them - for instance ... > mapping appears to be that of a regular PS/2 keyboard! ... To unsubscribe, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: [OT] netbook recommendation
    ... drawback for me is I really don't like the keyboard. ... key placement for some of the keys and it really messes me up sometime ... short that top/htop with their default sampling rates showed nothing. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)