Re: Locale set to "C"

On Sun, Oct 02, 2011 at 01:47:30PM BST, Jörg-Volker Peetz wrote:
Panayiotis Karabassis wrote, on 10/02/11 13:59:
<snip>
I will check in a minute. Also I am pretty sure I didn't set the locale
to "C". I copied .profile, .bashrc from another computer, where locales
work.

Could there have been a .bash_profile on the problematic computer which takes
precedence over the .profile you copied from the working environment?

Panayiotis,

What if you try to set locale to "el_GR.utf8" instead of "en_US.UTF-8"?
Could you include the content of /etc/default/locale?
Also, what does "locale" say?

Regards,
--
Raf

  • Re: Locale set to "C"
    ... I copied .profile, .bashrc from another computer, where locales ... precedence over the .profile you copied from the working environment? ... Best regards, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Locale set to "C"
    ... The problem was with the default GDM settings. ... I copied .profile, .bashrc from another computer, where locales ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cdrecord - need for troubleshoot help
    ... Try changing the driver selection in K3B. ... wodim: No write mode specified. ... Profile: 0x001A ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: LC_MESSAGES set somewhere during gdm login
    ... GNOME 3 sowhere lost it's nice cool session setup selection features - ... I have LC_MESSAGES set in .profile, ... Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at> ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Capital letters replaced with indian rupee font in openoffice.org in squeeze.