Re: portable driver

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:40:24 +0800, lina wrote:

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 11:05 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Determine where is the disk/partition and then mount it -first attempt-
as usual, i.e. (do not copy/paste, adjust it to your needs):

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt

Thanks. it works.

Good :-)

just a little question here,

I only have 2 partitions in hard drive, why there are 6 sdb which ranges
from sdb1 to sdb6.

Dunno... attach the drive and give us the output of (as root):

fdisk -l /dev/sdb

I even don't know which two exactly are the true one, so tried one by

are there some way to identify each? sdb.

Yes, you can "label" partitions to identify them :-)

stt008:~# blkid|grep sdc
/dev/sdc1: LABEL="PRUEBAS" UUID="F839-2B41" TYPE="vfat"

That's my small USB flash drive (128 MiB) with just one partition on it
that's labeled "PRUEBAS" and then I can mount it by issuing:

sm01@stt008:~$ umount /media/PRUEBAS

stt008:~# mount -L PRUEBAS /media

stt008:~# mount|grep -i sdc
/dev/sdc1 on /media type vfat (rw)

How to give a label to a partition? I always make that step when
formatting the drive but it can be done afterwards with "tune2fs" or
"e2label" utilities (on ext2/3/4 based filesystems). Read man page for
detailed info on how to use them :-)