Re: DVB video & sound problem Kaffeine on Wheezy

On Monday 10 October 2011 08:04:46 Richard wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 07:51:39 -0300

Eike Lantzsch <zp6cge@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Monday 10 October 2011 07:06:12 Richard wrote:
Hi,
I had the DVB part of Kaffeine running well on squeeze, the 1st time I
installed. The 2nd time I installed with LXDE and could not get video
or sound out of it. On wheezy I'm getting the same, EPG is OK, tuning
is OK its finding 200+ channels from Astra 23.5. I've installed
obvious libdvdss2, ffmpeg, libxss1.
I've checked the dependency list for kaffeine and all the required are
installed. When you change channel the EPG is correct, but no sound or
vision, just a little error message to say" audio device unavailable",
when you click on the OK button it goes ding

I get the same message with kaffeine and kde 4.6.5 on Debian wheezy. Must
be due to a recent update because it worked before. VLC works alright.
Are you using packages from debian-multimedia.org as I do?

I get the same error message if I try to play an audio file.
any ideas ?
With kaffeine or is e.g. amarok OK?
You could try xine and see if that works. If it does the problem is with
kaffeine. If not than there is your culprit.

Cheers,
Eike

thanks Eric,
Yes I have the files from debian-multimedia installed.
I might try installing that horrible thing called pulseaudio and see if
will connect that.

I'm afraid it'll not help as pulseaudio is installed on this comp.

Does VLC handle digital TV, DVB-T or DVB-S ?
Doesn't that depend on v4l2?
I have no means to check that other than reading the docu - you might well do
that yourself ;-)

regards,
Eike

  • pulseaudio: working in Testing and Unstable
    ... I had earlier written about how pulseaudio was a pita when installing on ... I can change the output device from pulseaudio's device chooser. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: puseaudio in Debian - is it ready?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Hauppauge HVR950Q TV tuner
    ... If you don't mind installing KDE apps I would suggest to ... receiving and recording digital TV. ... I have Kaffeine installed but I'm not able ... At the menu DVB -> Configure DVB... ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Hauppauge HVR950Q TV tuner
    ... If you don't mind installing KDE apps I would suggest to install the ... I have Kaffeine installed but I'm not able ... WARNING: filter timeout pid 0x1ffb ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] Kaffeine/DVD
    ... Some will play through the FBI anti-copy message then stop in Kaffeine. ... Installed libdvdcss. ... anything I missed installing. ... In a certain Windows DVD player it said that ...
    (SuSE)