Re: ps2pdf: font problem

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 23:25:55 +0200, Stanisław Findeisen wrote:

I am having a PostScript (.ps) document that I am trying to convert to
PDF. I am using ps2pdf for that, but the result looks bad: some glyphs
are smaller than others, etc.

What fonts are used in the original PS file? And what fonts are listed in
the resulting PDF? Are both the same?

How to fix this?

Maybe is just a matter of adjusting the quality options for the resulting
PDF file. You can get some tips from here:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/6.50/Ps2pdf.htm#Options

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: "Save as pdf" re-sizes my Word document.
    ... > get frozen into my .pdf, but the scaling isn't getting frozen in. ... I think you're saying that the look of the Mac fonts don't even ... When printing a PDF the user ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Embedding Fonts Into PDF Files
    ... check the pdf files using 'pdffonts'. ... You can for dvips but you'll have to have .pfa or .pfb files for the ... fonts somewhere, and then specify them with the < notation. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: (strange?) printer problem dvi vs. pdf
    ... I create a document both the dvi and pdf look fine in their respective ... The pdf file is way too light and has much of it vertical lines ... Another issue is the different fonts used. ... with dvi viewers required to use Knuth's rounding method ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Print PDF - the file name convention options
    ... In Acrobat Preferences start with Advanced settings> fonts and take it from ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ... I'll look into your suggestion about creating ISO19005-1 compliant PDF ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: urgent: embed all fonts in PDF
    ... submit a conference paper with all fonts as "embedded subset" in a PDF ... the pdf file generated from PDFLATEX is missing: ... Can I have some exact instructions on how to embed all fonts. ... setup to include all fonts by default when pdflatex is used. ...
    (comp.text.tex)