Weird DNS error?
- From: Greg van Anders <gregvananders@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:55:14 -0400
I'm a bit embarrassed to be asking this question, but I just did a
brand new installation of Squeeze. The install seemed to go fine and I
didn't notice any problems.
Upon booting, however, I don't seem to be able to resolve any hosts
other than www.debian.org and security.debian.org.
If I bring up epiphany it can load various pages on www.debian.org. If
I try to browse elsewhere I get errors. The software center also
allowed me to apply security updates.
If I open up a terminal, ifconfig shows an IP address, and I can
traceroute to other hosts for which I know the IP, but I can't for
anything I specify by name.
I tried to apt-get update, but, of course, it can't find the mirror.
I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Can anyone help?
I'd be happy to supply whatever information is needed to help diagnose
Thanks in advance!
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: new to pacemaker and heartbeat on debian...getting error..
- Next by Date: Re: how to handle the not upgraded package
- Previous by thread: Re: broken dpkg status
- Next by thread: Re: Weird DNS error?