Re: gnome3 startup segfault

On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 10:44:38 -0500, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:

Camaleón wrote:

(...)

I would give it some time... gnome-shell just has landed in Sid a
couple of days ago. Anyway, I'd say is too early to get Compiz playing
fine within gnome-shell:

https://live.gnome.org/GNOME3Myths#I_can.27t_use_Compiz_with_GNOME_Shell.21

I got the oops screen with user1 but not with user2, so it depends on
your user settings, apparently...

Using a clean profile to debug gnome-shell is a good start.

The jump between gnome-shell and the usual gnome-panel is high and just
started a few weeks ago, so I think this kind of errors that are produced by
a mix of the old profile settings and the new ones form gnome-shell are also
expected.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: getting very hacked off debian-nimby
    ... Gnome3 requires hardware 3D acceleration, even if you only ever run ... application windows that Windows users seem to require. ... It was all enabled and still is, and it was all working before upgrading from gnome-shell 3.0.1 to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The "Oh, No..." error when gdm is trying to start
    ... gnome3 packages installed and the nouveau video driver is not ... and work from there until you correct the problem that makes gnome-shell ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: gnome-shell and Debian
    ... gnome-shell --replace I got an black screen and can see some icons but ... $ gnome-shell --replace, ... If you see a black screen, does it mean nautilus crashes? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: gnome3 startup segfault
    ... How about the fallback mode? ... gnome-shell just has landed in Sid a couple ... I'd say is too early to get Compiz playing fine ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Gnome 3
    ... has planned for Gnome 3 and the Gnome-Shell. ... Are you asking if Debian will reject it in favor of remaining with v2.32? ... "Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)