Re: [Semi-OT] Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports

On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 13:53:47 -0400, Tom H wrote:

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 17:35:29 -0400, Tom H wrote:

(...)

The madduck script automates subscribing to the bugs that you've filed
for you. There's no need to do this manually.

If I have correctly read the script, it can be fine for users using
procmail, is that right?

If yes, I'm not such user, I use Mutt and my Gmail IMAP account and
from time to time, I use reportbug and even another computers which do
not run Debian... so I'm afraid the workaround won't be of any help in
my case :-(

I haven't kept the script but I remember a loop with a "sendmail -f
...". You can substitute whatever command is equivalent on your box.

Yep, I suppose that command could be replaced by invoking "mutt", instead.

This script and the BTS aren;t tied in to the box from which you report
a script. As long as you have a Debian or Ubuntu or other Debian
derivative box with devscripts installed, you should be able to
auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported.

As I read it, the script is basically a loop that retrieves the bug
number for all the bugs that have been sent by the reporter and sends
subcription e-mails to the BTS robot... but you still have to manually
reply to the incoming confirmation e-mails, right? And this is when the
Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle.

It can be useful for mass-susbcriptions and mass-confirmation (when used
alongside Procmail or a similar filter to do the job) but is still too
much work -IMO- for bug reporters that are not using such mailing schema.

I'll wait for better days to come...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Postfix - run script from email
    ... incoming email on the VPS, and automatically run a script to do the update. ... But Debian by default sets it to procmail. ... email messages and then pipe them through a script that you would ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: receive mails through php
    ... PHP script). ... the mail to a file *and* the command, so when the first try blows ... SOME distros use procmail as a default. ... and a copy to your normal mailbox ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: [Semi-OT] Automatic subscription to self-opened bug reports
    ... If I have correctly read the script, it can be fine for users using ... I use reportbug and even another computers which do ... auto-subscribe with this script to all the bugs that you've reported. ... Procmail recipe comes into play, I guess, to close the cycle. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • thread_killer
    ... For anyone using procmail and has as little patience as I, ... The script could probably stand improvement, ... # thread killing recipe. ... inane postings on Red Hat mailing lists;-) ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: mutt vacation-list issue
    ... There are vacation ... |>>Because there are procmail recipes that do EXACTLY what you are trying to ... Why spend time trying to hack a script that does ... alternative ways to fix any problem, ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)