Re: php 5.2 as cgi not working in debian 6.0

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:24:53 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

I am now confused and need some enlightenment. I am trying to have php
5.2.7 as cgi module so that when require.. I can also use php 5.2 with
some old php sites on this debian 6.0 server.

Okay, I won't ask you why are you using an unpacthed php version, I asume
you know what you are doing...

I am following http://blog.davejamesmiller.com/2011/03/how-to-install-
php-5-2-fastcgi-on-debian-6-0-squeeze

Mmm, the steps look very clear and easy to follow, let's see.

(...)

*PATH: during compilation I have used*

[.....]
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/bin/php5.2 \
--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/bin/php5.2 \ [.....]

So instead using "/opt" you installed over "/usr/local/bin".

and at /etc/apache/php52.conf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that path/file right? :-?

ScriptAlias /php5-cgi /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php52/php5-cgi
^

There's a missing trailing slash, not sure if that can affect.

Action application/x-httpd-php5 /php5-cgi
^^^^^^^^

And look if the filename extesion (.fgci) is a must for this setup, maybe
the web server is expecting such mimetype to be properly processed :-?

(...)

I am messed up now.. What cause apache to call the installed php ? Any
clue please ?

Where have you placed "phpinfo.php" and "php.ini" files?

I would also recheck the ownership and permissions for the involved
folders and files, just in case.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón