Re: php 5.2 as cgi not working in debian 6.0

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:24:53 +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:

I am now confused and need some enlightenment. I am trying to have php
5.2.7 as cgi module so that when require.. I can also use php 5.2 with
some old php sites on this debian 6.0 server.

Okay, I won't ask you why are you using an unpacthed php version, I asume
you know what you are doing...

I am following http://blog.davejamesmiller.com/2011/03/how-to-install-
php-5-2-fastcgi-on-debian-6-0-squeeze

Mmm, the steps look very clear and easy to follow, let's see.

(...)

*PATH: during compilation I have used*

[.....]
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/bin/php5.2 \
--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/bin/php5.2 \ [.....]

So instead using "/opt" you installed over "/usr/local/bin".

and at /etc/apache/php52.conf
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that path/file right? :-?

ScriptAlias /php5-cgi /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php52/php5-cgi
^

There's a missing trailing slash, not sure if that can affect.

Action application/x-httpd-php5 /php5-cgi
^^^^^^^^

And look if the filename extesion (.fgci) is a must for this setup, maybe
the web server is expecting such mimetype to be properly processed :-?

(...)

I am messed up now.. What cause apache to call the installed php ? Any
clue please ?

Where have you placed "phpinfo.php" and "php.ini" files?

I would also recheck the ownership and permissions for the involved
folders and files, just in case.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: PHP Instalation problems. Browser doesnt know what to do
    ... This is loaded and run as a local server (for class ... PHP 5.2.0 from php-5.2.0-win32-installer.msi ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: PHP Instalation problems. Browser doesnt know what to do
    ... This is loaded and run as a local server (for class ... PHP 5.2.0 from php-5.2.0-win32-installer.msi ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: write with cURL
    ... execute permissions. ... This is assuming that the PHP script runs ... of potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... Apache as the global web server user and thus needs world write ...
    (alt.php)
  • mysqli error?
    ... I'm just setting up my php enviroment and I typed in a simple script ... # configuration directives that give the server its instructions. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: write with cURL
    ... execute permissions. ... This is assuming that the PHP script runs ... of potential security risks from other users on the same server. ... web server itself is part of the group. ...
    (alt.php)