Re: KDE package manager

Am Mittwoch, 2. November 2011 schrieb Doug:
On 11/02/2011 01:56 PM, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:22:14 +0000, Sian Mountbatten wrote:
[...]
world's easiest program to use.

Is there a KDE package manager available?

What happened with our beloved Synaptic? :-)

It works, but it is in /usr/sbin so it needs root permissions.

I've found a KDE package called packagesearch which will install
and probably remove (but I have not tried that yet) packages.
The search facility is excellent.

Thank you for your reply.

Of course Synaptic requires root permission. If you're not root, you
should not be allowed to install packages! Aren't you the owner of the
Debian installation? If so, you surely have a root password.

Newer GUI package management applications for KDE like Muon and probably
some other packagekit based one only ask for root permission when they do
need it. IMHO that is way better than to fire up the whole GUI based
application with root permissions including essential GNOME or KDE based
services. But I did not yet found one for KDE that works as expected and
is packaged officially.

  • Re: [kde] How to learn about all those configuration file values?
    ... There is an Ubuntu Package kde-settings-lowfat. ... having run kde since the kde2 era, ... the network, keeping the kde core informed of what network-based services ... early in the kde startup process, collects the config information from ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: KDE 3.3.2 fails re-install [SOLVED]
    ... make sure you have all the kde components uninstalled: ... anything to do with KDE, but when I looked at it with dpkg, I found 28 ... in package kdewallpapers ... Package kdebase-data is not installed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [kde] KDE themes mouse cursor
    ... It's not the kde version number, ... but you don't say which distribution and this is the kde ... Next, on accessibility, make sure you have the kdeaccessibility package ... kcontrol/systemsettings) as long as you have composite effects available. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Why Does apt-get Want to Uninstall KDE?
    ... >> Will install all of the KDE core. ... > So does that mean I won't be able to install korganizer then? ... The package entitled "kde" contains no software. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Complete Linux Newbie here.
    ... Is it a GUI just like Gnome and KDE? ... follows the familiar "desktop" design of other environments. ... There are a number of various package types: RPM, DEB, PKG, and TGZ (which ...
    (alt.os.linux)