Re: Preseeded installation with non-standard locale

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM, Tom H <tomh0665@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM, Philipp Tölke <pt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you have been diverted from the primary problem.  You won't
need most of the above.  Try reverting to the very simple settings:

  d-i debian-installer/locale string de_DE@euro
  d-i debian-installer/keymap string de

I have tried an installation with just the two lines provided by you:
Please see the log-output during installation in a vm here:
<http://i.imgur.com/UWIJ8.png>; please note the localechooser at first
notices the preseeded locale, spits out "line=..." and after that
switches to "de_DE.UTF-8". The locale after booting the freshly
installed system was "de_DE.UTF-8".

It looks like, from your png, that d-i's over-riding your "de_DE"
variant with a UTF-8 one. You could reset it in your "%post".

Sorry, "%post" is an RHELism/Fedoraism. I meant "d-i preseed/late_command".