Hi, how to control the speed of fan?
- From: shiyao ma <i@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 19:41:58 +0800
I searched on the Net, and according to the Wiki of arch, I should first
install lm_sensors. Then, I ran sensors-detect. After doing that, I ran
sensors, and got the following output:
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1: +26.8°C (crit = +88.0°C)
Adapter: PCI adapter
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0: +46.0°C (high = +80.0°C, crit = +90.0°C)
Core 2: +40.0°C (high = +80.0°C, crit = +90.0°C)
As you can see, the result is not complete. My laptop is dell studio 1458,
and the cpu is i3. I am supposed to modify the sensors.conf to add
something so as to make sensors show the rpm of my fan. But the problem is
I don't know my chip's name. I guess my chip's name should be coretemp, but
there is no coretemp in the conf.
My final purpose is to control down the fan, and I am in wheezy.
What should I do?
- Prev by Date: Re: Nano in squeeze: fill doesn't work
- Next by Date: Re: sun-Java6-plugin w/o Iceweasel?
- Previous by thread: [OT] Why not gnome3 (with gnome-shell)?
- Next by thread: Re: Hi, how to control the speed of fan?