- From: Sthu Deus <sthu.deus@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 02:18:08 +0700
Good time of the day.
I try to run KVM network w/o under normal user w/ the following result:
/usr/bin/kvm -localtime -m 256 -no-reboot
-boot d -hda ./da -net nic -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no
kvm: -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no: could not configure /dev/net/tun
(tap0): Operation not permitted
kvm: -net tap,ifname=tap0,script=no:
Device 'tap' could not be initialized
the user has write permission for /dev/kvm and has these permissions in
sudoers file though it seems it is not used (as it asks not for sudo
user ALL = /sbin/ifconfig *, /sbin/ifup br0, /sbin/ifdown
br0, /sbin/ip *, /sbin/brctl *, /sbin/tunctl *
So, what's wrong w/ my setup?
Thanks for Your time.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Debian install , need to add wireless firmware
- Next by Date: Re: special device does not exist
- Previous by thread: openoffice.org-emailmerge
- Next by thread: Re: KVM networking.