Re: aptitude vs. apt-get/dpkg purge

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I have not seen an explicit bug for it, but the 816 open bugs on
aptitude are somewhat hard to browse. Is this a known issue or
works-as-designed?
I can only confirm your findings, still looking for a workaround.

I have reported bug #648313 for this.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

  • Re: Spring clean
    ... On 09/29/2007 03:53 PM, Andrei Popescu wrote: ... where I mark everything as auto-installed that I don't specifically want. ... but aptitude will then remove all unnecessary stuff. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Installing Sid
    ... On Monday 20 April 2009 19:21:30 Andrei Popescu wrote: ... installer and install from it; ... (aptitude upgrade?), aptitude dist-upgrade. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: getting gnome out of xfce4 in debian
    ... think of is to reinstall using the Debian xfce4 iso and add the gnome ... As Doug would say, start Aptitude ... Registered Linux User #454138 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Poll: debian-newcomer list [Was: Re: newbies needing help for graphic login]
    ... I was drawn to try out Linux, ... From: Andrei Popescu ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How can I refresh Etch completely?