Re: Ubuntuone Package

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 07:33:33 -0500, Stephen Allen wrote:

Any chance that this package will be included in the Debian archive?

There is an ITP (Intent To Package, IIRC) bug already opened:

Tried to install it but ran into dependency hell and in the end realized
that I wasn't going to be able to install it.

I had found an e-mail from one of the Ubuntu packagers from some time
back indicating that he was going to try to get this included in Debian,
due to the problems of installing the Ubuntu package on a Debian
installation.

Comments?

If you're hurry and cannot wait for the package to be available in Debian
here there are some links that can help you to deal with the Ubuntu's
package installation:

Is running Ubuntu One on Debian 'possible'?
http://askubuntu.com/questions/10271/is-running-ubuntu-one-on-debian-possible

Howto: Ubuntu One in Debian Wheezy

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: bits/news from the users of Debian?
    ... "Le bottin des jeux Linux" speaks about 800 Linux games and i hope that's growing. ... I start with Debian, then test Mandrake because it seem's at this time very complicated. ... I think graphics interface for installation is a good thing: you have make a good job! ... I use Debian Sid and I have experiment a lot of problem some years ago because i install too recent package on Sid which are not well tested. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Backing up system customization: Is Debian packaging better than Remastersys?
    ... This could e.g. happen if an update to a new debian release fails ... like to backup the customization only or somehow separate it from the ... I have yet also to see a Debian installation that reproducably fails to ... I could package all my customization into ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Re: Preseeded setting on openssh-server ignored
    ... upon installation and that the default value had changed and that this ... The package maintainer documented the change to the default ... I can find no documentation supporting the use of ... Or is this a hard setting on the side of Debian ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Missing packages (apt), sshd and external usb large 1Tb drive
    ... expert or advanced installation, it just ran itself without asking ... I will try the "Debian way" with most packages, ... extract THE LIBRARIES from the package and leave them installed to let ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: what version?
    ... > handling of RedHat package management had been jumbled by an architect who ... Debian, Gentoo, etc. ... As I mentioned earlier, Debian-compatible installation media (including ... the stable-branch archive, because he felt it was in particularly good ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)