group membership missing after update

Hello,

after many years without any (debian testing related) trouble, I need
your help again: After my last safe-upgrade, I'm not member of any
groups when I open a shell...

-I login to my i3 windowmanager
-open a console
-output of "groups" is "markus" - and that's all :s
-after a "su - markus", or ssh localhost, or switch to the text console,
all is normal...

An "strace groups" shows, that /etc/groups isn't even touched...

I have no Idea what wrong there and hope for your help.
TIA
--
Markus Grunwald

  • Re: phpmyadmin
    ... I just don't really understand what is going on as the same server will serve up other php pages, but phpmyadmin seems only able to serve html pages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: _some_ DVDs wont play
    ... the DVD makes xine crash. ... No trouble playing almost all other DVDs. ... A borrowed set of LOTR discs will play on all machines. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The "Oh, No..." error when gdm is trying to start
    ... with the error message that shows a picture of a sad ... and work from there until you correct the problem that makes gnome-shell ... The trouble is before that. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Hosting advice
    ... but I'm not a big fan of GoDaddy. ... offers a Linux OS, preferably Debian, and PostgreSQL or MySQL, again ... May I trouble you good people for suggestions that meet these needs? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How do you grow brocolli?