Re: Debian 5 update system broken
- From: Camaleón <noelamac@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 18:47:04 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 01:48:17 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
On Sun, 4 Dec 2011, Camaleón wrote:
i386_Packages,That was fast... is now solved. Good job!
But I have just tried again, and I get
Could not initialize the package information
A unresolvable problem occurred while initializing the package
Please report this bug against the 'update-manager' package and include
the following error message:
'E:Encountered a section with no Package: header, E:Problem with
E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.' "
I think this is the same error as before.
Forget the updater applet ;-).
Run (as root):
apt-get update && apt-get -V upgrade
It should work just fine. If not, it can be that the repository you are
using is still not synced/updated.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Are Web-API packages need to be in the 'main' repo ?
- Next by Date: Launcher controllsQuestion
- Previous by thread: Re: Debian 5 update system broken
- Next by thread: Re: Debian 5 update system broken