How to access bluetooth phone?

I have never used bluetooth before and never had a bluetooth enabled phone, so please bear with me.

I have just upgraded from Lenny to Squeeze.
I have a bluetooth USB dongle on my box.
I have an LG420 through Tracphone.
I have installed Bluez.

I have turned bluetooth on at the phone and tried to search for other bluetooth devices (my desktop box). It does not fins any devices.

Following some documentation that I found elsewhere, I tried:

# hcitool dev
Devices:
hci0 00:15:83:4B:C7:1C

# hcitool scan
Scanning ...
74:A7:22:01:5D:ED LG 420G

# hcitool inq
Inquiring ...
74:A7:22:01:5D:ED clock offset: 0x2326 class: 0x520204

# l2ping 74:A7:22:01:5D:ED
Can't connect: Permission denied

So, the desktop seems to find the phone, but can not make a connection to it. Is there something that I still need to do on the phone so that I can connect to it from the desktop? What about connection the other way?

All that I need to do at this time is to be able to transfer files between the desktop and the phone, primarily photos and .mp3 files.

I don't know what to do next.

All help appreciated.

Marc

  • Re: How to access bluetooth phone?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Bluetooth und verschiedene Devices verbinden
    ... Ein "hcitool scan" zeigt mir das Handy an, ... Dass neben der Webcam (es scheint für die Vimicro keinen Treiber ... Bluetooth Service neu, scheint es erstmal zu gehen; ... Andersherum findet das Mobil Telefon den Computer aber, ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: How to access bluetooth phone?
    ... I have turned bluetooth on at the phone and tried to search for other bluetooth devices. ... # hcitool scan ... I have managed to connect my phone to Squeeze but it gets stuck at searching for device, i have filed a bug which has been sitting for months. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How to access bluetooth phone?