Re: New kernel version availability.
- From: Wayne Topa <linuxtwo@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 16:14:35 -0500
On 12/16/2011 02:20 PM, Brian wrote:
On Sat 17 Dec 2011 at 01:28:59 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:apt-cache policy linux-image-3.*
How do I find out if there is a new version of linux kernel package is
available? - I mean, having 3.1 installed, to know that 3.2 is
For the present I do it by
apt-cache search linux-image
and then look for what is available.
Is there a more elegant way?
w3m -dump http://packages.debian.org/unstable/kernel/ | grep linux-image-3.*pae | mail -s "kernel images available" brian
is about as elegant as it gets here. Could be scripted, of course, and
cron could be in on the act.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: KGlobal..........
- Next by Date: Missing package changelogs
- Previous by thread: Re: New kernel version availability.
- Next by thread: Re: New kernel version availability.