Re: Enabling ehci_hcd

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 22:27:43 -0500, Ethan Rosenberg wrote:

I was having problems w/ a USB drive and traced the problem to the drive
enclosure using USB1.1 and the computer requiring USB2.0. I disabled
the ehci_hcd with the following set of commands:

[from
http://www.geekdevs.com/2010/04/solved-unable-to-enumerate-usb-device-disabling-ehci_hcd/
],

(...)

OK, it worked. Now I have another enclosure that runs USB2.0.

How do I now re-enable the ehci_hcd?

Mmmm, if you enable it again your enclosure will stop from working :-?

Okay, my wild guess (not tested) is that it should be the same command but
sending it to the opposite → "bind"

***
sudo sh -c 'echo -n "0000:00:xx.x" > bind'
***

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Enabling ehci_hcd
    ... I was having problems w/ a USB drive and traced the problem to the drive enclosure using USB1.1 and the computer requiring USB2.0. ... I disabled the ehci_hcd with the following set of commands: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [opensuse] Why are there not more using Linux?
    ... With thanks to all who've made this what it is, and with continuing faith that one day it'll be what it deserves to be, and have the acceptance and mainstream support it deserves. ... I recently bought a VIC 20, which was my first computer. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] HP Pavilion DV6000 No Microphone input
    ... Only the microphone input, needed with Skype, doesn't work. ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I fired up a KDE app called Kmix. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: 11.0 & PATH variable
    ... Yea, Brian. ... I'm not averse to adjusting -- I just like to know AHEAD of ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] HP Pavilion DV6000 No Microphone input
    ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... I fired up a KDE app called Kmix. ... Kmix is one of the apps. ...
    (SuSE)