Re: cron and MAILTO

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 09:09:19 +0000, Raf Czlonka wrote:

% man 5 crontab

I guess I assumed someone would be thoughtful enough to find out in OP
that I said I know it works for crontab.

It would've been quicker if you had tested it yourself or RTFM.

Who says I didn't test myself?

BTW,

Now, if I put 'MAILTO=user3' at the top of the file, what will happen?

JFTA, cron messages all went to user3.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/

  • RE: Why this crontab does not work?
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: a problem on crontab time format
    ... I just think it's at least a `weak' bug: Any crontab ... configuration file. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: backup script and python
    ... Included in crontab, just as shown in man 5 crontab ... >>BACKUP ZENOSS WITH TROUBLE - ERROR! ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Illegal characters in cron
    ... |> | I'm having trouble getting the following to work in my ... person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Crontab Problem
    ... I tried doing something like this in the system wide crontab and I was disappointed to find that it didn't work. ... Checked by AVG Free Edition. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)