Re: [OT] web email acct compromised

On Sun, 25 Dec 2011 07:47:42 -0600, hvw59601 wrote:

Recently one of my Yahoo accts was compromised. Mail was sent all over
the place with nonsense, to LDU also.

I don't particularly favor Yahoo and would like to get rid of the acct
alltogether. How?

Open a new account with another company (GMail, etc...)

And how is an account compromised? Why pick on me? FWIW I changed the
passwd.

Maybe by using a weak password or by leaving your session opened. Try to
harden it for the next time and do not use the "remember me" option.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • RE: Emails [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
    ... work (therefore had no access to my WORK email account), and frankly, ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ... Organisation and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • list issues [was: Re: My fellow (Debian) Linux users ...]
    ... do be aware that as of mid-last week, any messages sent from a yahoo mail account are pretty likely to bounce from other yahoo accounts, rcn, hotmail, comcast, and other large mail systems. ... These problems lead to the unsubscription from the following lists: ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: OE newsgroup .dbx file name BUG
    ... subscribe the same newsgroup "szGroupName" under news ... Subscribe the newsgroup "szGroupName" under news account A ... Unsubscribe one of them, close OE, the "szGroupName.dbx" file is ...
  • Re: OE newsgroup .dbx file name BUG
    ... unsubscribe "microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress". ... | account, newsgroup and dbx removed]. ... OE has a bug with newsgroup dbx file name. ...
  • Re: [OT] Is there a policy regarding subscrjbers with challenge/respo nse mail filters?
    ... Unsubscribe while you're on vacation. ... It's obnoxious to send this kind of spam to strangers on mailing lists. ... use that for your mailing lists, rather than your work account. ...
    (perl.beginners)