Re: Installing security updates

T o n g wrote:
Is there any easy way to installing only the security updates?

Yes. Run Debian Stable which is currently Squeeze and only have
Squeeze archives in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

Do not run Wheezy nor Sid because those change daily and will offer
much more than security upgrades.

My box maintaining strategy is, the least maintenance possible the
better. E.g., I only want to upgrade the minimum set of packages. So of
all the packages that I need to upgrade, I only want to upgrade those
security updates. How can I do that?

For me that is the default. Are you running Stable Squeeze?
Apparently not. If you were you wouldn't be asking this question.

What are the contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list file (and any
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/* files) that is causing you to be offered
upgrades that are not from Squeeze? Remove those entries and you will
no longer be offered those upgrades.

Bob