Lenny (Debian 5.0) approaching end of life

There was discussion here a few months ago about there being no official date
for end of life on Lenny.  This has changed.  I just noticed this item
on the security announcement mailing list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2011/msg00238.html

No new Lenny updates after 6 February 2012.

  • Re: Cant recognize Realtek 8187 USB wireless adapater
    ... The subject says that Lenny doesn't recognize Realtek 8187 ... My newly installed Lenny doesn't recognize Realtek 8187 USB wirelss ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: I would like to eject my cdrom
    ... He's having trouble getting the eject button to work. ... If you are running testing or unstable you *should* know how to read man ... IOW assume the question is about Lenny unless explicit that it isn't. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)