Re: Lenny (Debian 5.0) approaching end of life

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 10:54:29AM -0400, francis picabia wrote:
There was discussion here a few months ago about there being no official date
for end of life on Lenny.  This has changed.  I just noticed this item
on the security announcement mailing list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2011/msg00238.html

No new Lenny updates after 6 February 2012.

Ah...sadness...
Lenny was my first.
On the upside, Squeeze was released on my birthday last year (Feb. 6,
which is also the day of Lenny's demise...mixed feelings...).

./tony

--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
All Tony, all the time!

  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: device name problem after update
    ... Once it's hda1 then is hdc1 and keeps flip-flopping. ...  Are you sure you are using Lenny, i.e. stable, as opposed to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fw: New Lenny to Squeeze install problems on ASUS eee
    ... New Lenny to Squeeze install problems on ASUS eee ... I saw that there was a backport after the update, but thanks, anyway. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: device name problem after update
    ... I'm aware of an issue with naming devices in Squeeze, ...  Are you sure you are using Lenny, i.e. stable, as opposed to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free ...
    (Debian-User)