Re: Lenny (Debian 5.0) approaching end of life

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 10:54:29 -0400, francis picabia wrote:

There was discussion here a few months ago about there being no official
date for end of life on Lenny.  This has changed.  I just noticed this
item on the security announcement mailing list:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2011/msg00238.html

No new Lenny updates after 6 February 2012.

Yes, unfortunately Debian team changed their mind at the middle of the
proccess. This unforeseen change forces me to keep my lenny systems until
wheezy is released which means having unpatched servers and workstations
for months ;-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón

  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problem with fonts in console
    ... I had no such problem with Debian Lenny, ... configured my console fonts such method without any problems). ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: device name problem after update
    ... Once it's hda1 then is hdc1 and keeps flip-flopping. ...  Are you sure you are using Lenny, i.e. stable, as opposed to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Fw: New Lenny to Squeeze install problems on ASUS eee
    ... New Lenny to Squeeze install problems on ASUS eee ... I saw that there was a backport after the update, but thanks, anyway. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: device name problem after update
    ... I'm aware of an issue with naming devices in Squeeze, ...  Are you sure you are using Lenny, i.e. stable, as opposed to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ lenny main contrib non-free ...
    (Debian-User)