Re: Dvorak Keyboards.

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 05:39:03PM GMT, Weaver wrote:
Hello all.
I've been interested in this subject for some time, because of the greater
typing speed potential and lowr incidence of RSI and have even delayed
moving from two finger typing with an idea of implementing a Dvorak
keyboard into the system.

Who makes the best ones?
Where can they be bought from.

Dvorak is a keyboard layout not a physical device.
You can buy a keyboard with a Dvorak layout by default but it might this
doesn't make sense if you're using more than one layout or you can buy
a blank keyboard - without anything printed on it.
What's wrong with simply using the existing keyboard with Dvorak layout?

Regards,
--
Raf

  • OT: Alternative to qwerty
    ... The Dvorak layout was recently brought up in this ng, ... Aset keyboard ... more than 55% of text on the home keys, up from only 26% on the qwerty ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Keyboards with different mappings
    ... I have a laptop computer with built-in Qwerty keyboard. ... USB keyboard with the keycaps rearranged into the Dvorak layout. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Dvorak Keyboards.
    ... You could use a blank keyboard with a dvorak layout pretty effectively ... card for those typing sessions. ... Dvorak keyboard into the system. ... Dvorak is a keyboard layout not a physical device. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Hot Fix 5 - WOW!
    ... and delete keys moves around from keyboard to keyboard especially on ... The Z, C, X and V keys are typed by the right hand in the ... Dvorak layout. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: ubuntu-users Digest, Vol 78, Issue 112
    ... To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, ... can't find @ on kaybord ... What keyboard are you using and with which gdm? ... minimum power off for 45 seconds per iteration), ...
    (Ubuntu)