Re: which is the best way to find some files

Haha, that should be "thanks Tony", I just started using Evolution and I
am still confused.

On Δευ, 2011-12-26 at 01:18 +0800, lina wrote:
On Monday 26,December,2011 01:13 AM, tony baldwin wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: lina
Sent: 12/25/11 12:04 PM
To: debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: which is the best way to find some files

Hi,

I have some files like

a_1.txt a_2.txt
a_1.doc a_2.doc
a_1.xxx a_2.xxx

I only want to keep a_*.xxx

but delete all other a_*.doc or .txt and more

rm a_*.[^{xxx}] not work,

Thanks for suggestions,

Best regards,

maybe try

rm !(*.xxx)
Cool. work on my laptop,

but not on cluster:
$ ls !(*.gro)
-bash: !: event not found

Thanks,
./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.net
All Tony, all the time!

  • RE: dialup router
    ... Me too not know about how do that you wand, but I'm agree with Tony, you ca ... > that I can plug into a router or switch so that it can dialup an ISP ... that's because a cable modem generally has a CAT5 port that you can connect ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: So ... um..has anyone gotten dual booting working with FC2?
  • Re: Keyboard layout detection
    ... it's a GB layout indeed. ... Tony, can't you put it in /etc/rc.local or ~/.profile? ... Oddly, I have some intl layout set there, but not the ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: sharing printer and internet connection between two Debian Sarge computers
    ... Tony Ma wrote: ... > ethernet port of the old computer. ... I don't mean to sound patronizing but are you using a crossover cable to ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: something regards "find"
    ... that will only work if the filename ... All Tony, all the time! ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)