Laptop fan doesn't stop

Hello, running Debian Squeeze 6.0.3 amd64 on a DELL laptop and I have
a problem with the fan. When it boots up, the fan is really silent but
after a few of minutes it starts working and doesn't stop at all. I
didn't had this problem when I was running a debian based distro.(it
would start really slient, then work for a while, then go back silent
and so on).

Is there a fix to make my fan more responsive?

Thanks in advance!

  • Re: Laptop fan doesnt stop
    ... a problem with the fan. ... would start really slient, then work for a while, then go back silent ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... machine cpufrequtils, fancontrol and lm-sensors. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Laptop fan doesnt stop
    ... a problem with the fan. ... would start really slient, then work for a while, then go back silent ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Laptop fan doesnt stop
    ... a problem with the fan. ... When it boots up, the fan is really silent but ... would start really slient, then work for a while, then go back silent ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Laptop fan doesnt stop
    ... a problem with the fan. ... would start really slient, then work for a while, then go back silent ... When I notice this I do the unload/reload ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: 64 bit computers again....
    ... CPU instead of P4, because of the following reasons: ... For me, the computer must be silent, ... That means fan on top of P4 ... Western Digital 74GB SATA Drives are simply the fastest desktop drives you ...
    (comp.cad.solidworks)