Bug#655999: [bugs.debian.org] Reporting documentation - "What package does your bug report belong to?" points to user support groups
- From: Filipus Klutiero <chealer@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 14:35:17 -0500
The ITS requires a package to be specified to send a report. If the reporter doesn't know which package is concerned, our documentation about bug reporting says:
If you are unable to determine which package your bug report should be filed against, please send e-mail to the Debian user mailing list <mailto:debian-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> asking for advice.http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
debian-user's topic is user support.
For technical discussions about development, the default group is debian-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
While we're at it, we shouldn't require reporters to indicate a package. If the ITS technically needs a package to be indicated, we could tell reporters to indicate a pseudo-package when they don't know, perhaps "unknown" or "default".
- Prev by Date: Re: Grub cannot fit into boot record
- Next by Date: Suggestion: Please change rights of cpufreq-set by default
- Previous by thread: suspend / power off
- Next by thread: Re: Bug#655999: [bugs.debian.org] Reporting documentation - "What package does your bug report belong to?" points to user support groups