how to download the packages in Debian testing non-free before installing?
- From: lee <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 19:58:25 +0000
how do I download the packages in the non-free section and make them useable by the Debian installer before starting the installation?
The problem is installing Debian on a laptop with wireless only. So I need to dowload all the DVDs before starting the installation, and still the software needed to get the wirless card (Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030) working is in the non-free section which won´t be on the DVDs.
There seem to be (unofficial) CD-images with the firmware on them. Are these the right ones to get? What might be the best way to go about this?
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: debian repo and moneydance
- Next by Date: Re: ntp daemon.
- Previous by thread: debian repo and moneydance
- Next by thread: Re: how to download the packages in Debian testing non-free before installing?