What´s wrong with fetchmail? (Re: POP3 in Debian)

Jon Dowland <jmtd@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I'd strongly recommend using something *other* than fetchmail: getmail
or mpop are options.

What´s wrong with fetchmail?

  • Re: phpmyadmin
    ... I just don't really understand what is going on as the same server will serve up other php pages, but phpmyadmin seems only able to serve html pages. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ... Trouble? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Client "daemon" for sorting e-mail via IMAP
    ... mpop is extremely fast compared with fetchmail. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Hosting advice
    ... but I'm not a big fan of GoDaddy. ... offers a Linux OS, preferably Debian, and PostgreSQL or MySQL, again ... May I trouble you good people for suggestions that meet these needs? ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: _some_ DVDs wont play
    ... the DVD makes xine crash. ... No trouble playing almost all other DVDs. ... A borrowed set of LOTR discs will play on all machines. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: The "Oh, No..." error when gdm is trying to start
    ... with the error message that shows a picture of a sad ... and work from there until you correct the problem that makes gnome-shell ... The trouble is before that. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)