Re: Clipboard issues
- From: Sven Joachim <svenjoac@xxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 11:57:16 +0100
On 2012-01-24 11:47 +0100, Sylvain wrote:
I am seeing this issue on my debian wheezy/sid. The clipboard contents are
disappearing when the window is closed. Can someone help me please if they
have to faced this issue ?
open any window application (even xterm )
Mark the contents of the window (which is copying )
a) Close this window and open another window and try to paste the copied
text. The copied text has disappeared and last text is remembered and
b) before closing the window if you try to paste the paste works fine.
I think that's the normal behaviour of X (as strange as it seems).
For some technical background on this, see Jamie Zawinski's essay on
http://www.jwz.org/doc/x-cut-and-paste.html. Very informative.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Prev by Date: Re: Clipboard issues
- Next by Date: model Waszych kompetencji
- Previous by thread: Re: Clipboard issues
- Next by thread: Re: Clipboard issues